Monday, August 27, 2012

Dachshund Nola Reviews: Paint My Doggy.Com


     Hi everyone! A while ago I was approached by Dave of PaintMyDoggy.com, asking me if I would be willing to have a painting done of ME in exchange for my honest review. Someone who (FINALLY) recognizes the fact that I belong in art? Sign me up!

     According to the site:


~Your dog is painted realistically in a portrait that will make your favorite memories come alive.
~Your dog’s portrait is painted in great detail so its personality is fully captured.
~Your dog’s portrait is painted with only the finest grade materials so your memories will be persevered for a lifetime.
~The tears of joy when a loved one opens a beautiful hand painted portrait of their dog.Painted by hand

     When the painting came in the mail, I was shocked. I have NEVER in my life seen such a realistic painting. Seriously, it is incredible.


     Dachshund Mommy: PaintMyDoggy.com managed to capture everything Nola is (and if you've followed us for awhile, you know that's a LOT) in a single painting. The painting looks like a photograph. Nola's eyes are alight in it just like they are in real life. She even has her constant look of the mixture of mischief, love and fire.
This painting is something that I truly will treasure forever. I want to say a sincere thank you to PaintMyDoggy.com for immortalizing my heart dog. Thank you.

     I really cannot put this painting into words, so I'll let the pictures do the talking. Check out PaintMyDoggy.com, and tell em Nola sent ya! 
Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola
     P.S. A bit of a heads up, these paintings are not cheap. They really are worth the money, but we sure don't have that kind of cash sitting around. The only downside, really.

Look, Mom! Larger than life!

Do you think that was my best side? Oh who am I kidding? I'm GAWJUSS all over!

Gorgeous 

Painting
Real picture.

This is my self on Mom's bookcase, in case you couldn't tell ;)

Every single details was there, even the tiny paw print on the D ring of my collar

Perfect

My eyes!

Even the little tufts of fur on my ears

And the white on my chest!




25 comments:

  1. WOW! He had the perfect subject with whom to work too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! What an excellent portrait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! Meadow is jealous! She wants her painting done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowee! He really captured you on canvas! Realy beautiful, Nola. Lady's home!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. canvas, photo, online...you always look fabulous, Nola!!

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing paint work! It is really really beautiful, Nola!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a gorgeous painting of you but it is a little too much like a photograph.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Guacamole Nola! You are one LUCKY girl to receive that for free! We checked out the site and could not believe the pricing. Definately not for your every day Joe Schmo....

    We do LOVE it as you are truly a beauty. Butt, very steep our Mommy's wallet.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that is truly STUNNING Nola! I would have NEVER guessed that that was a painting and NOT a picture! Ma said that I am beautiful, but the price is a little out of her price range. But, I do think that for a Christmas or Holiday gift, it would be an amazin' gift. If you get a couple of family members to go in on it, it really wouldn't be that bad. I'm so glad you are captured forever in oils Nola!

    Kisses,

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, I am very impressed! Awesome work from the artist!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That really is quite beautiful, Nola. The painting is so realistic. Of course, they had both beautiful you and Mom's awesome photography to work with. We will check them out, but Mom thinks the price maybe a bit high for four of us.

    Loved your B & W Sunday too.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Nola! Great review. And beautiful art. But you have to be the beautiful doxie you are for the art to capture your essence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can tell when an owner loves their pet. :) Like the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! that is gorgeous and so realistic looking!!

    ♥ yuki and rocket

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is incredible! I mean INCREDIBLE! What a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nola, the painting looks JUST like you! What a very special keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What incredible detail!!!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMD!
    It is amazing!
    I love it!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!! That is awesome!! They did sure a wonderful job. We will check it out.

    wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMD that is amazing! Nola you are so beautiful and now it is forever saved on the portrait. I can't believe how good it is. Wow, Mommy is gonna check it out, but I don't know if we can afford it. Thank you for sharing that.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nola....
    Oh my goodness!! What a beautiful, breathtakingly realistic painting of you!! How did they do that....? I love art!! Perhaps I should take on painting.... Yeah, no!! Hee, hee, hee....
    Love, Raelyn.... And Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. THAT
    IS
    INCREDIBLE!

    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
    http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty neat! But too close to a photograph for me- if you can take such a beautiful photo, why have it painted! It would be nice if it was a bit more original.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!