Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Dachshund Nola Reviews: BarkyDogz Treats and Accessories

Hi everyone! Today I'm doing a review for the Etsy shop BarkyDogz Pet Treats and Accessories. I'm absolutely thrilled to be doing this!
I look funny because it was RAINING again and I was outside. It's rained every single freaking day since July first. Sunshine state my ***

The BarkyDogz shop makes high quality, organic, human grade ingredients treats, eco-friendly grooming products, doggie clothes and even a few things for the kitties and the humans!

I received four samples to test, three of them are treats and one of them is shampoo (that meant a bath). 

I loved, I mean LOVED, these treats! Dachshund Mommy: seriously, Nola has never gone so cuckoo for a treat. You'll see in the below photos what I'm talking about. 
Like I said, they're made with organic, human grade ingredients that you peeps could eat! But there's no salt or sugar, so you probably wouldn't like them too much ;)

Ingredients for the Apple Banana treats:
organic wheat flour, organic oats, organic apples, honey, water, cinnamon. 
These were my absolute favorite, and boy did they smell good! Not just to me, but Mom actually put the little bag of them on her nightstand so she could keep smelling them, BOL! They smell like fall.
From the shop:
5 oz. Bag of Organic Dog Treats great for training or anytime snack!

These treats are made with all the organic ingredients you would eat yourself, therefor YOU CAN eat them too!! However, as there is no salt or sugar they are not as exciting for humans as they are for our pets.

These treats can also be enjoyed by other pets such as bunnies & large birds.

The ingredients include a little bit of cinnamon which is a natural breath freshener as well as honey which is a natural preservative so, they have a nice long shelf life as long as they are stored like any other cookie in a dry cool place.

Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min.) 10.80 %, Crude Fat (min.) 4.48%, Crude Fiber (max.) 1.9 %, Moisture (max.) 8.36 %, Ash 1.32 % (max.)



Ingredients for the Peanut Butter Flavor Bites:
organic wheat flour, organic peanut butter, honey, organic soymilk.
I didn't get this one, because of my soy allergies, but Auggie and Boston loved them! Mom didn't get any pictures of them though because they don't know how to pose *shakes head sadly*
From the shop: 
5 oz. Bag of Organic Dog Treats great for training or anytime snack!
These treats are made with all the organic ingredients you would eat yourself, therefor YOU CAN eat them too!! However, as there is no salt or sugar they are not as exciting for humans as they are for our pets.
The ingredients include a little bit of honey which is a natural preservative so, they have a nice long shelf life as long as they are stored like any other cookie in a dry cool place.
Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min.) 18.47 %, Crude Fat (min.) 17.92%, 
Crude Fiber (max.) 1.5 %, Moisture (max.) 4.67 %, Ash 2.03 % (max.),

the Hello Mellow treats:
According the the shop: 
Inspired by one of my dogs with severe seperation anxiety, I came up with this delicious treat after trying many different stress relievers that did not work for us.
This cookie acts as an anti anxiety, anti-oxident and has a natural de-wormer (pumpkin seeds)
They work very well for calming the nerves AND dogs LoVE them!!
They are mixed with these all natural INGREDIENTS: Brown rice flour, oats, ground flax, lavender, chamomile,pumpkin seed, blueberry, skullcap, honey, egg, cinnamon & Humboldt Herbals Pet Vitamin Blend.
A great sleepytime snack!!

I can't say if these treats worked as a dewormer; my heartworm pill covers worms. It did calm me down last night though!

Pros:
Yummy
Healthy
Organic
Smelled fantastic
Great prices
Stellar ingredients
All 4 of us loved these treats; do you know how rare that is?
Perfect size for most dogs
No corn
Easily breaks into smaller pieces without crumbling

Cons:

The soymilk :(
A little big for my size, but then again I'm tiny


On to the soap! I'll let Mom do this one, as I'm not exactly thrilled with anything that has to do with bath time.
Dachshund Mommy: I really like this soap! It smelled great (a bit minty, nothing too strong i.e. Nola didn't reek like a perfume shop after her bath.), was the perfect 

consistency and the best part IT DIDN'T UPSET NOLA'S SKIN!!!!!! OMG, do you know how incredibly amazing that is? In the nearly two years I've had her, this makes the second soap that doesn't break her out.

Two thumbs up on the soap and 4 Doxie paws of approval on the treats from us!  

So go ahead and check out BarkyDogz shop, tell em Nola sent you!

Kisses and Tail Wags,
The Very Satisfied Dachshund Nola

Disclaimer: I recieved 4 samples in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own


This is so out of character for me. I usually just sit and pose, but these smelled too good to resist!



Yup, that's my spit and teethmarks. 


I got cold, so I had a quick wardrobe change.


Like you can resist my big brown eyes. Silly human.

Noms!


I can't even look!

Oh, who am I kidding? This is ME! "Hello, gawjuss! How you doin?''

23 comments:

  1. Great post and review...and you are gawjuss Miss Nola :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE gawjuss!! :) But now I think you need to roll a little bit! :)

    The treats look nommy nommy good...

    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
    http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent review and an even better spokes-model!!

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nola!!

    Thank you for your review! I'll tell mom that she should read it to me.
    I gotta get a bath today too - we are going on a car trip and mom wants
    me to smell good - sheesh, moms!

    Love you!
    - Hildy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nola,

    I can tell how much you liked those treats before you even got that box open, there was no fooling you as to what was in that box!! :)

    Enjoy buddy

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, Gawjuss! You did a fine review...those treats sounds absolutely yummy! Not so sure about the soap, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those treats look pawticularly nommilicious Gawjuss!
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pawsome review Nola! We're going to have to check out their site.

    We're sorry tho that they sent you bath soap. Butt... I suppose if they didn't, we wouldn't be looking at your beautiful face fresh outta the shower!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review. I have some homemade treats of my own that I give to my dog on a daily basis. I will post them next time I pass by. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you tried to break into the box! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now, I know with enough time you would have been able to naw into that box all on your own! Those treaties sound yummers! Did they say how many calories they had in them? I am on a diet ya know ~ I need to watch my girlish figure.

    Kisses,

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  12. You lucky dog. We'd love to be given stuff to sample....we mean treats NOT the bath stuff.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great review! Those treats look yummers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How did a bath and treats end up in the same post...this is wrong. I think teethmarks and spit is the equivalent of a 5-star rating.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nola, what was in the shampoo that made it so gentle? And can you send some rain to TX? My puppies don't like the rain, but we need it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Our Mama makes all those nom nom treats and we loVe them all!! And we have learned to love our bathes!! It keeps the fleas off and soothes our skin! Thanks for the great review and we are so happy that you had fun with that package Sweet Nola!! Continue to enjoy!!
    Sniffs & Smooches!
    Hercules, Coco, Maddie & Savannah <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Wow! My hairy slobbery sisters thought those treats would be the best ever! Me, not so much!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  18. We always love finding out about high quality natural treats! And momma is excited about the soap since Nuka has very very sensitive skin! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nola, thanks for the great review. The treats sound so yummy. I am not crazy about the bath part, but I have really sensitive skin also, so Mommy is really interested in the soap. Enjoy those yummy treats. Did you have to share?

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Hello Mellow treats sound extremely interesting. Love the concept for those. Three cheers for a gentle soap too!! Nice review Nola.

    Kitty+Coco

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice review. Never heard of this Etsy shop before so it's a special treat to read this. Everything sounds great and really nice that the soap didn't break Nola out. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!