Monday, August 20, 2012

Dachshund Nola Reviews: BarkinBonesBakery

     Hi everyone! Today I'm doing a review for the BarkinBonesBakery Etsy shop. I'm very excited about this review!
     About the shop:
We are a small, family owned business based in Stuart, Florida. 

What’s our story?

Our Bakery was officially born in March 2011. However, we have been baking for our four legged kids since early 2007. 

In 2007, Darren, our Beagle, became very ill after consuming tainted commercial dog treats (remember, that's when all of the major pet food recalls started!). This made us question the integrity of pet food companies. What is in the food? What is in the treats? We became "label readers". The more we read, the more conscious we became. The amount of fillers, preservatives, and artificial flavors (just to name a few) were staggering! We could not believe what we were feeding our pups!

After nursing our boy back to health, we began making our own treats. Word caught on and soon family, friends, and co-workers were asking to purchase our cookies and treats. The rest is history!


     I was sent the Organic Sweet Potato Chews to try out, and OMD I LOVED them! They were so good, and they smelled delicious. They're so healthy and organic too! They're the perfect size chew for me and the minions (well, they are too big for Phee, but she's like 2lbs so whatevs). All of us loved them too, which is always a major plus. They came in this adorable mason jar, which is cute and resealable. Did I mention how good they smelled? Dachshund Mommy: they smelled exactly like real sweet potatoes. 

     Ingredients:
Dehydrated organic sweet potato. That's it.

    About the product: 
Slowly Dehydrated Organic Sweet Potatoes are the only ingredient in our Sweet Potato Chews!

Sweet Potatoes are a good source of dietary fiber and contain vitamin B6, vitamin C, beta carotene, and manganese. 

Dehydrated Sweet Potato Chews are a safer alternative to rawhide and may satisfy your pups desire for a chewy snack. Although it will not replace a toothbrush, it may help keep your dog's teeth clean.

These chews are slowly dehydrated ensure all the nutrients and natural color are retained, making this a nutritious snack!

Each jar contains 3.00oz.. The chews vary in size, but average between 2" and 2.5" long. These Sweet Potato Chews will stay fresh at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 30 days when stored in an airtight container. 

At Barkin' Bones Bakery, all cookies and treats are baked in small batches, fresh to order, using only Organic Oat Flour and all natural, human grade ingredients. We realize that pets, just like humans, may have food sensitivities. Upon request, we will make every effort to make substitutions to meet your pet's needs.

Dehydrated Sweet Potatoes Ingredients: Sweet Potatoes grown in the US.

** What you will NEVER find in our cookies: corn or wheat products, soy, sugar, salt, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.**


** Our cookies and treats make a perfect gift! We can ship them directly to the recipient and attach a special message from you at no extra charge! Please email or message us with specific instructions. **

Please visit us at www.barkinbonesbakery.com


      I love the fact that this bakery doesn't use corn or soy, which makes them safe for an allergic pup like me!

That means they're great for other sensitive pups or dogs on a grain free diet.

Pros:
Healthy
Organic
Allergy friendly
Yummy
Smells fantastic
We all ate them
Great prices
Adorable package
They're made right here in Florida!
Fast shipping


Cons:

Hm, nothing comes to mind! 

       WE give BarkinBonesBakery 2 thumbs and 4 paws up and 5 stars!
So go check out BarkinBonesBakery! Tell em Nola sent ya!

Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

You have thumbs, so open it!

Once again my short legs are working against me.

Yummy! And a yummy sample too!

*shakes head* This is how group shots always turn out. Amateurs. 

Of course I want it, now give it to me and stop using that creepy baby voice.

Oh I didn't mean it! I'm sorry. Just give me the treat and I'll behave 

Success! Thank you, unbearable cuteness

Why is Boston getting my treats?!

Thanks, BarkinBonesBakery!


        Disclaimer: I was sent treats in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

26 comments:

  1. BarkinBonesBakery sounds like a terric place to puchase high quality, natural and yummy treats! Nola you have done an excellent review and I'm so sorry that you had to share. Totally not fair! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "creepy baby voice" OMD I love that line...LOL. I bet that's just what they think. Thank's for the gut laugh and the info on the yummy treats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound yummy. If Mommy would get me those, maybe I'd stay out of her potato chip bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. newbs don't know how to use this photo op as a multi treat gaining opportunity...

    sigh

    :) You are ADORBS!

    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
    http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nola, thank you so much for that review! I love the way you get right into those treats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dehydrated sweet potatoes are really yummy! Mommy made some using the toaster oven then forgot about it and some of them burnt! But it was STILL yummy. Now she's bought a dehydrator so she's going to dehydrate some sweet potatoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a great Etsy store, and they have a whole lot of lovely treats there! I like it when people are concerned with ingredients and doing those things right, even when it's "Just" for a dog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! You should horde all those treats for yourself, Nola. Great review of a great bakery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just get the bestest treats Nola! We wanna come over and share some of them with you, butt, Mommy said we're too far away. Darn it all!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for telling us about the bakery! They sound YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nola! Those yammy thingies look yummie-ola!
    Oh My Gosh, my mouth is watering!

    Such cutie-pie pictures of you too *wink*

    Mom has to check the yam treat store and get some nummies :-)

    XXOO
    - Hildy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very good review Nola, they look very delish, enjoy!
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, man I LOVE dehydrated sweet potatoes! Ma won't let me have them anymore because I eat them whole and, well, they come out.....you can fill in the rest! But, those looks great Nola! Good review!

    Kisses,

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just adore that grin on your face, Nola!!
    Ms. Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love sweet potato treats. Those look so good, Nola. Thanks for telling us about this shoppe.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, no cons? That is very impressive!! I have never tried sweet potatoes before...they look very yummy!!

    ~Higgins

    ReplyDelete
  17. WE love Sweet Potatoes/YAMS any way we can get them... THESE look super.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You LUCKY DOG! That's all we can say.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so awesome! I love sweet potatoes and I'm sure my Lyle does too... but then again, what doesn't he love?

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow! you are SO lucky to get treats that smell SO yummy!

    sorry you had to share. that part does seem odd. maybe their packages got lost in the mail!?

    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  21. bet those are tasty. We love sweet potatoes
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey Nola,

    Pawsome review! I just sniffed my way over to BarkinBonesBakery to check it out and now I can't stop drooling! It is always so wonderful to find dog treats that are made with natural ingredients and are safe to eat. Thank you for sharing!

    The pictures are great, especially the last one. :->

    Suka

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great review Nola! Those treats look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nola, I love your header picture!! Thanks for telling me about the chews. My Mommy got me something like that from Mr. Chewy and I love them. I hope you love yours too. Sorry you have to share.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  25. yum! sounds like a great place for treats.

    yuki and rocket

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sure looks yummy!! Dont ya hate it when they ask you if you want the treat?? Da...of course you do want it!! We will check it out!!

    wags
    jazzi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!