Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Awards, Update, Olympics and New Addition

Hi everyone! I have quiet a bit to talk about today!
First, I received an award! The award was given to me by Nicole of All The Small Stuff. If you haven't been to her blog, go check it out! She has 3 (hopefully, soon 4) Dachshunds and one of them looks a bit like ME.

Here are the rules of this award:

*Include the awards logo in a post or on your blog
*Share the love and link the person who awarded you
*Tell us 7 facts about yourself
*Nominate 7 other fabulous bloggers
*Link your nominees to your post and leave them a comment on their blog, letting them know they've won! 


1. I hate, I mean HATE, having my nails cut. Despise it. The only person who can do it is my grandma, Sweetie.
2. My favorite color is sky blue.
3. I much prefer toys that are way bigger then me. Like my basketball.
4. My birthday is October 8th.
5. I'm seriously smart and EVIL.
6. People are always shocked to learn that I'm full grown; they say I look like a puppy!
7. I'm a bed hog.


 I pass this award on to:
Ruby the Airedale
The White Dog Army
Hildy
My BFF Lily Belle
Bicontinental Dachshund
Basset Momma
Simpatico
Thanks again, All The Small Stuff!



Have you all started sending in your Olympic pictures? The deadline is July 18th. I have enter a ton on events:
Bathtub Wrestling
Boxing
Couch Potato Peelin
Crazy Sleeping Singles
Destuffing
Digging
Equestrian
Free Style Zoomies
Keep Away
Pole Jumping
Roaching and Rolling
Snoopendous Snif-a-Thon
Synchronized Sleepers
Singles Stick Carry
Tongue Curling and The Raspberry
Tuneful Fart (I never claimed to be a lady)
Window Nose Art
And I still have 3 more to enter!

Here's my entry picture for the Equestrian event!
Dachshund Mommy: Nola is seriously the biggest camera ham ever. She lapped this shoot up


An update on the new puppy! She's now two weeks old and her eyes are starting to open! She was checked out by a vet (not shots) and is 100% healthy! Our top names are Honolulu (Lulu for short), Brooklyn (not a huge fan of this one) and Phoenix. Mom loves Phoenix because the name means rebirth. Like Charlotte will continue to live on in this new puppy.
The baby!

And finally, the new addition! It's.....A.....PIG!!!! Yup, that's right a PIG! I'm actually quite happy about this addition, because I love bacon. The pig is a girl and her name is PigPig (creative right) and she's 8 weeks old and about 35lbs. And before anyone asks, yes she is for eating. BOL I think the peeps are starting to see things my way. So now our head count is:
The peeps
ME
2 soon to be 3 other Doxies
2 cats
1 cockatiel
14 chickens
2 ducks (Boston killed one, bad girl!)
1 pig.

Life as a crazy, fun loving Doxie indeed...
Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola
Pee.S. I go to the vet either tomorrow or Thursday, depending on how busy they are and how Mom's feeling.


No matter how often we clean that pool, it's aways dirty! The joy of ducks




I guess she's kind of cute.





24 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry trying again , congratulations on your award Nola.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award and thanks for passing it on to us! Good luck on your Equestrian entry it's a great picture of you. Now your new baby sister is looking so adorable, I bet you can't wait to get her! I love the meaning of the name Phoenix. Your new addition PigPig is really kind of cute! You've got quite the little hobby farm building up there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwww Thank you SOOOOO much for the award! :) We'd send you flowers or treats or a real horse if we knew your address! :)

    Pig? It's whats for dinner (at our house tonight... spinach salad with hot bacon dressing to be exact!)

    I LOVE the name Phoenix (Little Fee or Nix for shorticals) Wonderful meaning behind that name!

    Congrats on the Pig, the award and the new puppy.... geez you are a busy girl!

    Good luck at the vet... tell them that your nails and tushie are just fine and no need to take a look at them.

    Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
    http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your award Nola.
    Your little sister is soooo sweet is it too late to suggest Whitby for a name?
    BOL to your equestrian photo, hilarious!
    Awww that little piggie is such a cutie too.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your award Nola
    Kisses
    Megan
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your award, Nola! PigPig is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the award, and thanks so much for passing it on!

    PigPig looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your award, Nola. Our Mom's favorite color is blue, any shade of blue will do:)

    Puppy is adorable. We like the Lulu name but we could easily go with Phoenix, has such great meaning to you as a family.

    Pig - bacon, right? Yummers.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  10. That horsey picture is too much. This may be the winning photo. Hello, little piggy! The new puppy is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PigPig... looks.. Yummy... we just won't Tell her that.

    Puppy is GROWING .
    OMD OMD... I can NOT believe that you are EVIL... Smart,YES... evil no way..

    HOLY Gwalk A Moley girrrrrl you are REALLY quite the Athlete. I am so glad that you are gettin in so many events... LOVE the equestrian pic.
    shiloh and shasta are really needin athletes fur SYNCHRONIZED PEEING and fur the Synchronized Peeing Wanna Be's... which is fur those that lack a Pee Pawtner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, thank you sooo much for the award, Nola! I will post about it this week! I am sending you air licks now....
    I just love all your fur-friends! Gosh, I don't know how your Mom does it ~ my Ma, she has a hard enough time jus takin' care of me and the bird!! Don't tell the piggy, but he DOES loook delish!hehe

    Kisses,

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know about the puppy! That's wonderful. I know that it's tinged with sadness also because you miss Charlotte. But, I think that there's no better way to heal your hearts than to watch your puppy grow. That photo made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, I just gave you the same award! LOL

    http://raisingrama.blogspot.com/2012/07/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award-we.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your Award!
    Sure it is not easy to work on your nails, right?
    Phoenix! I like that name too!
    She is adorable!
    And the pigpig too!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh a piggie! How cool. I love the name Phoenix too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much happening! Your new sissie is adorable! Not sure I would want to snuggle up with a pig but she is cute in her own way. Congrats on the award; we love awards where we get to learn something new about the recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bet the pig becomes a pet...hehe! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your award, Nola! You and Bella could share some tips on how to keep your nails from getting clipped. ;)

    Your new little sister is absolutely adORable! (I'm with your mom and really like the name, as well as the sentiment behind, Phoenix.)

    I'm enjoying your little menagerie of animals (sorry about the duck). Love the little PigPig. I'm pretty sure if I had a pig, I'd end up regretting it when it became a pet. A really large pet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chester and Gretel like toys bigger than them too. Their favorite chew bones are at least twice the size of their head! They tolerate their nails being clipped though. They know I will win in the end so I think they just give up. They do get tons of treats before and after so that helps too :)

    I like the idea behind the name Phoenix but LuLu is so cute :) In the end though, I like to go for names with some kind of meaning to me. Ironically, Chester and Gretel's names are generic because that is what they came with. My next weiner dog will named Summit! Ha. Fitting, no?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww, I'm so happy you're passing the award on to other awesome blogs! It's so much fun to spread the love!

    And, I am *so* honored that you're even considering my suggestion of Phoenix. I think Fee is a great nickname too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Concatulations on your new award! and me loved the update on your new sister! She is a heart breaker!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nola....
    Congrats on earning your award!!
    Yeah, my Rose only tolerates having her claws clipped!! What is it with dogs and this aversion against people cutting their nails? ;)
    Awww.... Phoenix is a sweet name choice.... ;->
    Ooooh, I love pigs!! I always have!! No idea why.... ;op
    Love, Raelyn.... And Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!