Friday, May 4, 2012

Dachshund Nola Reviews: The Honest Kitchen

ME with my PECKS treats
Hi all! A few days ago I got an email from our awesome friend Mr. Chewy asking me to review treats from The Honest Kitchen. Well, I'd love to, Mr. Chewy! I ordered the Pecks bite sized buffalo and blueberry dog treats, and a few days later (I heart Mr. Chewy!) they were here! (I apologize for the crappy pictures, but we wanted to get this review up ASAP because we'll be super busy with the new house over the weekend!)
According to the treat box: Pecks contain absolutely no wheat, corn, soy, rice, beet pulp, added salt, sugar, artificial preservatives, colors, flavors, or by-products. No fillers or synthetic ingredients whatsoever.
Isn't that great! As most of you know, I have severe corn and soy allergies and it's hard to find good, tasty treats. I've found the solution in the Honest Kitchen treats! They're small and crunchy, great for training or a nice treat for small dogs.
INGREDIENTS:
Barley flour, Filtered Water, Molasses, Buffalo, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Eggs, Blue Berries.
Dachshund Mommy: Wow, I might eat these!
Pros:
The perfect sized training treat!
Superb ingredients
Smelled good to me and my Mom
Decent price
Handmade in a local San Diego bakery
Made in the USA
Interesting flavors like Chicken and Cranberry and Duck and Cherry
They came in a 100% recyclable box

Cons:
Hmm, let me think....Nope, I've got nothing!

I would recommend these treats 150% to my Blogville family, especially those with allergies. And if you order from Mr. Chewy, you can use the code NOLA6729 to get 10% off your purchase, and Mr. Chewy will donate $10 to a fantastic animal charity. It's a win win for everybody!
Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola
Disclaimer: I was given a free box of treats in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.



Look Mom, another packing box!
How much posing does a girl gotta do?
YUMMY!
Perfect size
"Momma, may I PLEASE have one?" Or two, or ten.
Sucker!
Num num num
I will resisit

20 comments:

  1. I think I need to get me some of these RIGHT NOW!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMD... I am gonna have to put THOSE on my Mr. Chewy order list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great! I wonder if we can get them in Canada? Good review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys sure have the best ever treats. I wonder if Mr Chewy delivers international? I'll have Mommy check it out.

    Love, Whisky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy but I think I would need a hand full....ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy! Like Remington, I would need ten of them for one treat! GOod luck this weekend with the house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bet you can't resist for long, you lucky girl!
    They look extra nommy, we think.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy Nola, I gotta get a job like that!
    (P.s. mommys laptop threw up this morning then played dead. Its in the shop now, so if I dont post in a few days on your blog dont worry, we are all safe.) Nook posting aint that easy.

    Hugs,
    Lily belle

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD, I has nevers heard of them things! Nows dat I knows bouts them I must gets me some. If your momma gives them to you then they must be safe and healthies.

    Okays, I has a funny story furs you. A long time ago when my mum was young hers had a dachshund and da neighbor had a goat. Wells oneday her goat was founded dead and da lady called Animal Control and tolded them dat mum's dog kilt her goat. Sooooo, Animal Control came overs and seened her doxie and then called da lady and tolded hers there was no way in heck it could haves kilt da goat.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great review! I have wondered about Honest Kitchen Products!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They sure do look tasty to us!! Nice size too.

    Kitty+Coco

    ReplyDelete
  12. MMM sure look delish, wonder if they ship to the UK?!

    Slobbers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those sound yummy

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very good review!
    And sure it was not easy to resist after all you told us about those treats!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh. I want some and not just one. A whole bowl full for me.
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Nola!
    It looks great!
    And your num num picture is so cute!
    Kisses
    Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  17. that face says it all!! look very delicious, will put on our list of must-haves.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nola, thank you so much for this. We have been reading about bad treats coming from China, so we are always looking for treats made in the good old USA. I am going to get Mommy right on this.

    You are a pal.
    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Nola,

    I think you deserved LOTS of treats after posing so well for all those photos!! :)

    Enjoy

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, they look yummy, we will have to check this out!!

    wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete