Monday, March 5, 2012

Subaru Pets and Their People Event and Hats of Hope

Hi everyone! Before I tell you about the pawsome Event we went to on Saturday, let me say my Blogiversary is actually on Wednesday (March 7th). Mom had a blonde moment (and she's a brunette) and totally messed up the dates BOL!

Also, here's my hatted picture for Miss Judi, momma of SASS. She's in need of the Power of The Paw and today is Hats of Hope day in Blogville for her. Please stop by them here

I hatted myself. I think it's too big.
Okay, on the the Subaru event!
It was so fun! There was everything for pet adoptions to reduced spay/neuter vouchers and microchipping, to free ID tags and professional pictures of your family! There was a booth selling handmade dog collars and one selling bandanas (Some that reminded me of Sarge's collection!). The bandana one was manned partly by a very sweet special needs young man and a local Doxie breeder here in Tallahasse. The breeder is not a nice person at all, and purposefully bred other breeds to her Dachshunds.
There was also a Search and Rescue dog booth that were suppose to do a demonstration but I'm not sure if they did.
While we were there we got a lot of free stuff, including:
2 leashes
5 poop bag holders
2 travel water/food bowls
2 tennis balls
A red Petco bandana
2 sample bags of Natural Balance Limited Ingredient dog food
1 sausage roll type thing of refrigerated dog food
An ID tag for Charlotte
A $10 spay voucher for Boston
2 microchip vouchers for $12 chips
Some magnets
A professional photo of me, Boston, Mom, Sweetie and Sugar
And a great training opportunity!
I was very well behaved, I only barked at one person. I practiced sitting in a crowd and not reacting to strange dogs, cats and people. Mom is so proud of me!
Guess what? Boston and I got microchipped! That's right, we're now chipped with the HomeAgain microchips! I didn't cry or squirm at all while they chipped me, even though there was some blood that got all on my harness. I was already microchipped with an ISO chip, that we got scammed into as the vet didn't tell the peeps the chip can't be read by the majority of US shelters, making it basically worthless. Enjoy all the pictures!
Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola
P.S. Our internet is acting up, so these pictures are out of order.
2 pretty kitties that need a home.
Free leashes and poop bag holders

Check out this adorable pair! The short guy is some kind of corgi/cattle dog/Shepard cross
and his friend is a sweet, shy pittie
A real life search and rescue dog!
This poodle mix wanted out!
Goodies!
Practicing my crowd sit
The handmade collars
This little Chihuahua mix was scared.
This sweet little girl is Annie, a 2 year old Dachshund mix
My free ball!

20 comments:

  1. All 40 paws at our house are crossed fur Ms. Judi. We're sending lots of prayers and good vibes her way.

    Wow...that event looked like super dooper pooper fun! I always miss all the good stuffs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What fun you had! Having fun with all your friends!
    Looks like lots of good sniffs around there too!

    Have a fun Monday!

    - Hildy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like it was a very fun event. Glad you were able to go too.

    All paws crossed here and hats on our heads in support of Ms. Judi.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can NOT believe that you got chipped so reasonably. Mine and Ernie's each cost $50.00 .. they are both from Home Again.
    I have NEVER seen any place that had SO MANY Free thingys. THAT is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You guys got lots of freebies there! Sounds like it was a great event! Hee,hee! Cute hat! Our thoughts and prayers are with Miss Judi too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Nola!
    Wow, my Mom's chanting "Su-Ba-Ru, Su-Ba-Ru, Su-Ba-Ru" over and over! She's on her second Subaru vehicle and is totally nutty about them. I even have a Ru bandana that I'll be posting about in a few days. Gosh, what a great event! You scored lots of fun loot. I sure wish I had been there with you. My Mom too! Wow!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZERZ - WOOHOOZIEZ! Man did u ever clean up with a lotta good stuffz at the Subaru event - we Beaglebratz an'mom think they NEED tu come here.

    We love your hat pikchur. We Beaglebratz r joinin'in with many frum Blogville tu send our prayerz an'support tu Miss Judi.
    Shiloh'n Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that sounds like a fun event to attend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like that was a good event to go to. I hope those litle one's got adopted and stopped being scared. I aam joining in with hats for Judi to and hope soo much the results are good.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a really fun event! You all got some good loot too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great day out AND loads of new stuff! That's marvelous.

    XXXoOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    We think you look like a detective in your hat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic day with lots of goodies!
    You look so adorable in your hat, awww.
    We are crossing all our claws for Miss Judi.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor Ms Judi, lots of crossed paws and slobber being sent her way.
    Wowee the subaru event looked amazing, I'm sure all those wonderful doggies will find homes soon. Really jealous of all your goodies!

    Slobbers

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you get the award for best hat!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  15. We Loves Judy and wes is purraying very hard and adding ours to the power of the Paw! Yous looks very fabulishious in your hat! That sure looked like a fun event! Me would not want to go though. lots of dogs makes me nervous
    Kisses
    Nellie and Kozmo and the Hairy Slobbery Sisters Bob and Sam

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun load of goodies! Did you bark at that "not so nice" breeder lady? :)
    You look so silly in a cute way in that too-big-for-you hat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great event - and so many freebies! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun! Great hat!

    I finally completed my post about being tagged by you!!! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great hat Nola. Let's hear it for the Power of the Paw!

    Secondly, holy canoli Batman! You scored all that free stuff in one outing? Sure looks like you had a wonderful time there. I'm glad that you got microchipped with Home Again. I've had mine since I was a little girl (8 years now) and it's still going strong. Muffin had hers put in last year and she too was good about it.

    We've been busy here with Uncle Bob and family in town. Me thinks Mommy will be happy when they leave tho.... She can see it's way too much stress on Grandpa.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE your hat, Nola. That is a very very funny photo. Do you hear me giggling? I love the thought behind it. Here's to Miss Judi!

    I'm so glad that you have a chip now. That is the best way to make sure that you always get back to your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!