Monday, March 26, 2012

Dachshund Nola Reviews: yumZies Dog Treats


Hi everyone! Remember the review I did for Mr. Chewy back in January? Well, they emailed me on Tuesday asking if I would be willing to review a brand new treat called yumZies that just came on the market. Free treats?! You didn't have to ask twice!



YumZies are grain free, real chicken is the first ingredient (NO byproducts) and are made in the USA! How pawsome is that?

Ingredients for the Natural Hickory Bacon Flavor: 
Chicken, Potato Flour, Pea Powder, Tapioca Starch, Glycerin, Fish Oil(preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Pea Flour, Natural Flavor, Salt, Natural Bacon Flavor, Lecithin, Garlic Powder, Brewer's Dried Yeast, Phosphoric Acid, Ginger Powder, Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Bisulfate, Cultured Dextrose, Mixed Tocopherols(preservative), Citric Acid(preservative), Rosemary Extract


On to the review!!
I received an email saying Mr.Chewy had shipped my package on Friday and on Saturday afternoon my package was here (I love Mr. Chewy!).

OMD it's here already!
I sniffed and generously let the minions sniff too. BOY did that smell good! So good Mom had a hard time getting a picture of us that wasn't blurry with excitement!
See?

Of course, there's never a bad time for a photo shoot!
"Please open it Mom, I don't have thumbs!"

As soon as Mom opened the bag we went even crazier, barking and jumping and begging for a taste!
Here's a video of how excited we were:



Dachshund Mommy: for being dog treats, they smelled pretty good!

They were SO YUMMY!!!


I LOVED them so much I almost took Mom's fingers off when she gave it to me! Boston, Auggie and Charlotte loved them too, but they'll eat anything. Seriously, Auggie is a recovering poop addict. But I digress. Anyway, I loved yumZies so much, my cruel Mom decided this would be a great way to show you all how reliable my "wait" command is. TWICE! Sick woman.
Yup, that's YUM written in treats. Yup that's ME, resisting.
Sadly I only got one treat, not all of them.
You're a sick person, you know that Mom?



Pros of yumZies:
Tasty
Allergy friendly
American made
No byproducts
Chicken is the first ingredient
They smell good
Good for skin and coat
A great training treat for bigger dogs
The bag is resealable

Cons of yumZies:
These are a bit big for me

Just a bit too big.
Needs more flavors!

Would I recommend this treats to my furiends? Heck yeah!! They are yummy yummers, and like I said allergy friendly.
Thank you Mr. Chewy for the great opportunity to review these treats, you're the best!
Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola
Disclosure: I was given free treats by Mr. Chewy in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own.




21 comments:

  1. Judging by everyone's excitement in the video, we'll say that yumZies has to be super YUMMIES!
    We wonder if it'll reach our shores anytime soon.
    Thanks for the review, Nola!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great review! yumZies definitely sound yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that WAIT thing is just plain mean!!Butt those treats look yummy and not too big for our rottie mouths!!

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! They look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow! Nola me thinks me would like those treats if Mommy breaked them up! Chickhen!!!!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds Yummy and wholesome too - which i important to mom!
    Thanks for the review -
    Nola I LOVED the video of you and your family!
    It made me bark too!

    XXOO
    - Hildy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those treats look great! I can't believe that you were able to resist eating the word yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nummerlicious! Those look like great treats and made with good stuff too.
    BOL, when we heard you barking, we went crazy!
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh those look SUPER yummy

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love how Auggie does the little "please" paws. These sound like wonderful treats. We will have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMD, what is WRONG withs dat woman?????? Her made you wait? Oh fur da love of chicken.
    But at least you gots sumptin out of it anyways.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  12. You certainly are a great taste tester Nola. They do look very very yummy!!

    wags
    jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  13. They sound delicious for sure. Your "wait" is quite impressive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We'd love to be on the treat tasting list! Those look sooooooooo delicious. It's true we eat most things....but they look 'specially good.

    That 'wait' command is a bummer....and cruel.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & roxy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh those do look so good and yummy! Boo on your Mom fur making you wait like that. That is cruelty in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the great review Nola
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look pretty great to me......as usual we don't have them here!!

    Sorry to see your mom has a cruel streak like mine. :-(

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie

    ReplyDelete
  18. They do sound great but you are right they need more flavors since momma took us all off of chicken products...talk about cruel

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great treat you have Nola, I really enjoy watching your videos and I'm still craving for the delicious yumzies :)


    Dog Shock Collar | Puppy & Human Bond

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great review! I wish I wasn't on a doggy diet...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!