Friday, February 17, 2012

Award, Blogger Issues, a Pupdate and Pet Dental Health Month

Hi everyone! I've got some great stuff to tell you about today, but first I'm in need of Blogger help. Okay, so (one of) my currant issue with Blogger is my blogroll. My older one, where most of my furiends are, isn't letting me add new blogs or delete old ones so I had to make a new blogroll to add my new furiends to. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?


Second, my good furiend Basset Momma has passed the Hope Unites Globally HUG Award on to me! Thank you Basset Momma! This is my favorite award I have recived, because of the criteria which you can read here. This is what really jumped  out at me on the site: The HUG Award© is for people with an expectant desire for the world, for which they: Hope for Love; Hope for Freedom; Hope for Peace; Hope for Equality; Hope for Unity;Hope for Joy and Happiness; Hope for Compassion and Mercy; Hope for Faith; Hope for Wholeness and Wellness; Hope for Prosperity; Hope for Ecological Preservation;Hope for Oneness 
What I hope for and hope to bring to you all is hope for joy and happiness, by showing my life as a happy, crazy little Doxie finding my way in the world, with adventures, fun and furiends along the way. I hope all of you get laughter and happiness from of my blog and my life, because that is what I have gotten from all of you, my blogging family. I also hope for equality for small dogs by proving that just because I'm an 8lb Doxie doesn't mean I can't do as much as big dogs.
I'm to pass this award on to 5 other bloggers that meet the criteria above.
1. Romping and Rolling in The Rockies.
2. The Doxie Life of Lily, Muffin and Their Humans.
3. Dachsies With Moxie
4. Sarge Speaks Out
5. At a Glacial Place

Thank you again Basset Momma!

Now for a pupdate! Dublin has a new home! We met his new owner, a very nice man who is so excited to have a Doxie pup, last weekend and he put a deposit down and Dublin can go home next week when he'll be 8 weeks old! Dublin's new name is Charley Brown.
Now with Vancouver, it didn't work out with him being my puppy. So we will be meeting his potential parent later today!
Charlotte is staying with my Aunt H.


And finally, February is Pet Dental Health Month. Mom brushes my teeth every night, and gives me lots of things to chew on in addition to the raw fruits and veggie in my food.
How can you help keep your pet's teeth clean and tarter free? Easy! Simple things like:
Brushing their teeth at least once a week, though daily is best. Please only use tooth paste made for pets.
Giving strong beef bones for them to chew on, as well as hard toys like Kongs.
Giving crunchy dog food and treats, raw carrots are great for scraping plaque from teeth.
Avoiding a lot of canned food
All of these things are great for keeping your dogs teeth clean, which leads to better overall health. Did you know that 95% of cats and dogs will have dental problems requiring correction by a vet at some point in their lives? A dirty and infected mouth is not only painful, it can cause serious problems in other parts of the body such as the heart, kidneys, intestinal track and joints. Scary! So please, keep your pet's teeth pearly white!
Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola

17 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award! It was well deserved! I just bought new toothbrushes for Fred and Gloria today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR RICHLY DESERVED AWARD!!

    Yesterday we had Baffs and I got to WATCH while Ernie got his FURST toofs Brushing ever. I use Chicken flavored Paste... and Ernie Loved it. I told him to sit still and let mom brush WAY BACK... and he DID. I LOVE to have my teefs brushed... I will be SIX soon and have only had to have my teefts cleaned at the VET.. once... and he said he didn't find hardly ANY bad stuffs. BRUSH BRUSH BRUSH And do all the other thingys that you talked about too.
    WONDERFUL POST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great award! Congrats, Nola. And thanks for the pupdate.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Concatulations on your award Nola! It is a great award for a great girl like yous!
    Me don't get my teeth brushed. Mommy has tried and tried, but she always gets shredded. But my hairy slobbery sisters Bob and Cinnamon gets theirs brushed when Mommy does every morning!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nola, You deserve the award congrats to you.
    I wish I liked my teeth burshed cause my mom says my breaths stinks.

    If you are still having bloggie problems I can recomend Ann at Zoolatry.
    She is pawsome. We asked for a little update and less than 24 hours later I got a complete remodel my blog. She did stuff we didn't know was pawsable.
    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Nola,
    What an honor that award is...congrats to you!!!!

    I am not having any problems except for the new way they have the passwords to type in that are crazy hard to read and then type. Why did they change the old way? You can't even request a different word (s).

    I buy the dental pads to clean the poochies teeth since Stewie hates the toothbrush. The pads have a very refreshing scent and the poochies love it! Having had dogs in the past who had nasty teeth and not being good at consistently cleaning them I am trying to improve. I think some breeds tend to have worse teeth than others...the Shelties always were worse and our Goldens had lovely teeth. They did more chewing on bones as well as Kongs and Nylabones whereas the Sheltie's weren't interested. Now Tucker really likes Nylabones and hopefully he will stick with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Nola!
    Wow, congrats on your big Hug Award! That's perfect for your joyful personality. Thanks so much for passing this on to me. I'm honored and I'll post about this on Tuesday. You're a pawesome furiend and I really appreciate the award. Very sweet.
    BTW: Your teeth look so pearly and white! My peeps use PlaqClnz on my teeth and it's really good stuff. Foamy, but effective.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nola, you certainly do bring us "hope for joy and happiness" with every post!! Thanks for passing along the award to us. We are honored!!!!

    I brush K's teeth every night. When she had one of her scans for bone cancer, the vets told us that dental problems can lead to bone infections... I didn't know that! I'm so glad that she has pristine teeth.

    Now, R is another matter. He bites the heads off of toothbrushes! I'm not kidding...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your award. Great to have a puppy update too - I can't believe they're nearly ready to go to their new homes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do bring us joy and hapiness and laughter, and blah blah because you ar esimply AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh your toofers look sooooo clean and you have your own tooth brush. My toofers get brushed with what taste like peanut butter.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't believe the pups are almost ready to go home. Where does the time go?

    Congrats on your award.

    You sure do have some pretty white teeth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Nola.. continue to take care of your healthy white teeth...

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR RICHLY DESERVED AWARD!!

    Yesterday we had Baffs and I got to WATCH while Ernie got his FURST toofs Brushing ever. I use Chicken flavored Paste... and Ernie Loved it. I told him to sit still and let mom brush WAY BACK... and he DID. I LOVE to have my teefs brushed... I will be SIX soon and have only had to have my teefts cleaned at the VET.. once... and he said he didn't find hardly ANY bad stuffs. BRUSH BRUSH BRUSH And do all the other thingys that you talked about too.
    WONDERFUL POST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have seen great reviews about this dentist and went one time with a friend to visit his office. I thought it was great. It almost feel like you're at home instead of a dentist office.
    dentist Hermosa Beach

    ReplyDelete
  16. i have seen some outstanding comments regarding pet or pet issues, let read this topic dog food recipes and then we will discussed on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!