Monday, December 12, 2011

YAY!!!

A HUGE congrats to my Sweetie on not only 3 doula clients but a midwife apprenticeship!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!! Well, I guess it's really 4 clients, as you know my sister Boston is pregnant! Don't know what a doula is? A doula is a women how helps and supports a mother before, during and after labor. The word doula comes from the Greek and means ''woman caregiver''.
Benefits of having a trained doula:
45% reduction is cesarean births
25% shorter labor
60% reduction in epidural requests
50% reduction in oxytocin. 
30% reduction in analgesic (pain medication) use
34% reduction in forceps delivery 
You can find out more about doulas at Bella Bambino Birth Services and here.
Info on midwifes can be found here.
Once again congrats to my Sweetie! I love you!
Happy Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola
This is my shirt! Momma made it




12 comments:

  1. Wow, that's great! Congrats! My mom used a doula when she had my sissy.

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That made my mommy remember an episode of The Gilmore Girls where someone names their baby "Doula" after their doula.
    -Mister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your Sweetie - that is wonderful news.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe in Doula care 100% as well as Midwives...I had a midwife with three of my kids birth and did some labor coaching for family as well. What a gift to be there for a woman and her family!

    Congrats and spread the word about Doulas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! That's great, congratulations!! That's very interesting about oxycontin and the link to autism, I have never heard about that link before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is wonderful for you and your Sweetie:)

    And the purple shirt rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news. I love the t-shirt to celebrate the event.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super DUPER news!!! Your Tee Shirt is grrrrreat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to your Mommy on all that she has accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big congrats to you! That sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the new clients! Mom isn't a Doula but she spent years delivering babies at the hospital and she loved it when the Doula's came with her patients for labor and delivery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!