Friday, December 16, 2011

A Sad Week In Blogville

Hi everyone. I'm sure most of you have heard the news that's spreading through Blogville. The Huston Pittie Pack and their humans had a horrible house fire earlier today, and lost 5 of their dogs. Goodbye Guero, Coco Chanel, Tiger, Lucky and Shelby. We miss you already, my sweet friends. Thankfully, the humans and 2 of the remaining pack got out in time. Pauley James, Former Foster Baby is hosting a chip in to help the family in their time of need, and Pip is hosting a comment-a-thon, for every comment on his blog tomorrow he and his family will donate 50 cents to the family. Coco the Princess and her sisters are doing the same.
Please, stop by their blogs and help this family.
We miss and love you, Guero, Coco Chanel, Tiger, Lucky and Shelby. Run free.
Also, my friends from Whisppy lost a kitty sibling today.
And we can't forget sweet Kendra from Scotsmad. We miss you all.
Dachshund Nola
P.S. Want to do something nice for a special little boy and his service dog? Check out Jazzi's blog and send a card to this amazing little boy and his family.





10 comments:

  1. We are just overwhelmed with grief about The Pittie Pack. Just so very sad.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your remark to Frankie about sending a human and his service pet a card... Could you email me the linky? I am apparently blind and cannot find the information
    shelle(dot)pennington(at)gmail(dot)com

    Thank you!!
    Hugs, Woofs and Licks
    Shelle, Reed, Milo and Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blarg!! nvm. As soon as I posted I saw the linky on the right! So sorry!!!
    Shelle, et al

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so sad. Mom is crying for them all right now and can't even imagine the grief.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nola...guess what? I already sent him a card:) Yep, I even posted for everyone else to on my FB page!

    I also had posted the link for the Chip in fund. Another way for all of us to Pay It Forward!

    Will keep them in my paw prayers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This news has been devastating. But Blogville will once again join together to help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so very sorry to hear this news. I can't even imagine. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart breaks. Such a sad day.

    ~Higgins
    http://theadventuresofhiggins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't hear. That is horrible. I can't even imagine...or at least I don't want to because it would make me cry. My heart goes out to them. We will stop by those other blogs and see what we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hadn't heard about this tragedy. :( Very very sad. Made me consider, once again, my fire safety plan. I try not to think about if my plan failed...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!