Friday, December 9, 2011

It's My Gotcha Day!!!!!

My first ever picture.

 YAY!!!! Today, December 9th, is my very first Gotcha Day! I've been with my family for a whole year! When I came to my family I was 8 weeks old and 2lb 4oz. Now I'm 14 months and 8lb 5oz! Mom says I'm so different, but still the same. Whatever that means, 'cause I'm still the same beautiful, funny, amazing ME!
8 weeks old

14 months
A word from Dachshund Nola's Mommy: In one short year my baby girl has grown so much, and yet she is still very much the same. She sticks her tongue out when she's irritated:
5 months old


1 year old

She has an insane amount of toys, and examines all of them very carefully.
5 months old

1 year old
She still sleeps in the funniest positions:
3 months

14 months
She still gets stuck in odd places:
A shirt sleeve, 4 months old
The laundry hamper, 3 months old

The laundry hamper again, 1 year old
Even though she won't admit it, she still loves her minion brother Augustine:
Nola 14 weeks, Augustine 8 weeks

Nola at 13 months, Augustine 1 year
This little Dachshund has made me worry, cry and want to tear my hair out. But at the same time I love her more then words can describe. She's been there for me during one of the toughest times in my life. Even now if I have a bad day she can look at me with those warm, mischievous brown eyes or simply snuggle into my lap, and the day just melts away. She's taught me patience, she's my muse for one of my biggest passions (photography), she's my constant ray of sunshine. To me, she's not just a dog. She's my baby, she's my Dachshund Nola.

23 comments:

  1. Happy Gotcha Day, Nola!
    -Mister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Gotcha Day Nola. your Mommy's words made my mommy tear up they are so kind.

    you truly are just too precious.

    Tail Wiggles & Puppy Kisses,

    Coco The Princess

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY GOTCHA DAY NOLA!!! You have a very VERY much FUN FILLED Happy YAPPY Day girrrrrl.

    CONGRATULATIONS ON PICKIN A GRRRRRREAT HOME!!!

    THEY are sooooooooo lucky that you did.. Aren't they???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Gotcha Day, Nola! It's OUR 1st birthday today! :)

    Love, Coco and Felix

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY

    HAPPY

    HAPPY

    Gotcha Day Nola!

    woos, Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Happy Day! What a wonderful little story about you Nola. Such a cute baby and still beautiful today! I'm so glad we're friends. Hope you're going to do something special today. If I were closer, I'd take you for ice cream.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooohooo happy gotcha day!!! I have so many things to say about things that I see! How does a doggie go about getting as many toys as you have?! Your toy basket is OVERflowing!! How did you score a peanut butter jar? Maybe it is not peanut butter, maybe I am just projecting my wants on to your pictures. Lastly, how many of these cookies will I get, IF I come over to your dark side?

    XOXOXO
    Pauley James

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Gotcha Day, Nola!


    (((Hugs)) your friends
    Oskar, Schatzi & Xena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Nola!
    Wow, happy gotcha day! I love your new header pix and all of the pix of your puppy self. Boy, you do twist all around when you nap. BOL Congrats on your special day and have a wonderful year!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nola, you look just like our best friend Millie--and sounds like you act just like her! So we know the joy and frustrations doxies bring to a home. Congratulations on your Gotcha Day. Hope you get more toys AND treats.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra, Bella &Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  11. YaY Nola,

    Happy Happy Gotcha Day girlfuriend! What a cutie patootie you was as a small puppy AND you still are! We hopes you get some cake today!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae and Max

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Gotcha Day Nola! Mom loved the laundry hamper pictures! Mom said that your Mom's quote "This little Dachshund has made me worry, cry and want to tear my hair out. But at the same time I love her more then words can describe." pretty well sums it up for her too she would only have to substitute the word "Dachshund" for "Pug and Chihuahua" and it would fit perfectly for us too. You did get more toys, right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nola,
    I hopped over from Maggie Mae's when I read it was your Gotcha Day. I love special days and I enjoyed reading all about your first year. My peeps very first family pet was a mighty mini Dachshund named Toto!! Mom said she completely understands what your mom meant about you making her pull her hair out. It took mom a while to realize that Toto's actions were 100% Dachshund ..she thought maybe he was a few bricks short of a load. MOL
    Happy Gotcha Day,
    Madi the Diva Cat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Gotcha day my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh happy day!! Happy Gotcha Day Nola!!

    I hope the Gotcha Day fairy brought you lots of fun surprises & snackies! :)

    *Jasper

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy day, happy day! I love your first picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Are ya having FUN YET??? I'll bet you are!! AND you still have a few hours of your big day left... to have even MORE FUN.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Gotcha Day Nola.
    Have fun playing & snuggling with your family.
    Love Ruby & Penny

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh.my.goodness.

    SO cute. Your MAMA is so glad she gotcha!

    Who is luckier? It is hard to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww what a beautiful post - Nola you are one lucky girl to have such a lovely mama... and she is equally lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bwhahahaha...my mum is over heres laughin' so hard at your mom cuz her totally sympathizes with hers...her still be pullin her hairs out and I is 3 and hasn't changed too many habits.

    Happy Gotcha Day Nola, I hopes it was da best evers! I am so glad dat I has gotten to meet you.

    Puddles
    PS: I was exactly 2 ibs and 4 oz when I came to lives her too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Gotcha Day!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!