Sunday, December 11, 2011

Boston's Whelping Box

Hi everyone! Today Mom and Sugar finished Boston's whelping box (she's due anywhere from 3 to 7 days) and Mom and Sweetie got almost everything we'll need. I like the whelping box, it's warm and snuggly and has lots of blankets I can dig in!
Boston's Whelping/Labor/After Kit Has:
Blankets and towels
Wash Cloths for cleaning or resuscitating puppies
Heating Pad
Ribbion, for telling them apart
Thermometer and Vaseline
Tums, for calcium during or right after labor
Notepad and pen, to record Boston's temp, labor progress and puppy weight
Scissors and thread, for tying off umbilical cords
Syringes, for (dog forbid) feeding the puppies if they can't get milk from Boston or something goes wrong
All we need now is milk replacer.

I can't believe this! Mom says she wants to do more advanced training with me! Doesn't she realize I am a Dachshund? I train her, not the other way around!
She wants me to stay and come when she calls (as if), advanced heeling on and off leash, to listen to what she says (still a Dachshund you have Mom), more hand signals (I already know sit, down and fist bump by signals) and agility. I admit, agility sounds fun! I love running, jumping, climbing and tunnels! But she says I must learn most of the above things first! Not fair!
Kisses and Tail Wags,
Dachshund Nola
Boston and me in the whelping box

I love digging!

Boston's whelping kit

7 comments:

  1. Wear down your human and demand she get trained!! Good luck to Boston, looks like it could be any day now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog....ooooohhhhh puppies! Can't wait to see and hear more. You are adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have some very busy days of training ahead of you, Nola. Mom would love to get one of us involved in agility, but she says she is too old. After this broken arm, we don't think it is a very good idea either.

    Paws crossed for Boston.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my paws crossed fur Boston,too.
    Are you going to name One of the Puppies Frankie and another Ernie? Or Ruby or Penny if there are girrrrrls??? I'm just askin.
    You should tell your mom that the ONLY training that we dachshunds do is... Training OUR Peeps. And NO BUDDY TRAINS a PEEP like a DACHSHUND Does.. BaaaaaaWaaaaaah

    ReplyDelete
  5. You is gonna be FURY busy!

    But I agree, you need to get you Mom trained! BOL

    woos, Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you're ready for anything. Hope the birth goes well and easily.

    All the doxies we know, think obedience is a dirty word.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Kendra, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the newest additions to your family.

    I love the color of the Whelping box. I hope everything goes well.

    Huggies and Cheese, Haopee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!